To support the business requirements for the provision of system testing services. To support Business-related test activity, in terms of communications to and from the business test representatives and ensuring through the Test Manager that key test issues are managed or escalated as necessary.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To undertake all system test related activities in support of the business requirements for the provision of new and updated systems.
• To undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
• To undertake Quality Assurance checks during third-party supplier and internal developments to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ code is delivered into test environments owned by the Testiver test team.
• To attend workshops comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
• To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs.
• To create allocated test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
• To co-ordinate re-testing of defects and issues either through ‘at desk’ re-tests by business test
representatives, or via walkthroughs with third-party providers.
• To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts.
• To liaise with and assist each line of business regarding the test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
• To take responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance and change management.
• To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
• To carry out other tasks as agreed with the Test Team Leader.